“Tango is the union of beings. It’s the moment when two people merge and the music lifts you out of the mundane into another realm.” – Mirabai
Mirabai’s parents finally allowed her to go to dance class when she was four years old. She couldn’t understand what had taken them so long. She studied and practiced, developing her fiery passion for life and for dance. She dedicated her time to learning every dance style she could, finding satisfaction in each: Jazz, Contemporary, Swing, Blues, Salsa, West Coast Swing, Lindy Hop, Balboa and Shag. But when she found Argentine Tango, she felt like she had come home. She has now been dancing Tango almost every day for the last 14 years.
- Mirabai won 9th place in the world Buenos Aires 2010! Argentine Tango Championships with Julio Mariño See video
- Won 2nd place in the 2012 USA Argentine Tango Championship – Stage with a student she trained.
- 1st place Choreographer and Director. Her team won 1st place in both categories in the National USA Tango Championships for Stage Tango Best Synchronicity and Best Choreography 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Trained intensively in Buenos Aires for 5 years with Horacio Godoy and Gustavo Naveira
- Tours the world For the last 9 years she has been touring to many places, teaching Tango in Norway, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France, Hawaii, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Alaska, and the Arctic Circle
Mirabai graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz with a degree in Astronomy and then moved to Buenos Aires, where she lived and trained for 5 years. Now she tours the world, teaching tango full time. Tango has become her source of energy and inspiration. Today she is recognized as a world class instructor and performer.
As a teacher, she is kind, knowledgeable and skillful. Years of experience have given her the ability to see an error quickly. In moments she can help correct it, guiding the student to think about the situation differently. She has a unique ability for helping her students gain an inner feel for the spirit of tango.Mirabai won 9th place in the world Buenos Aires 2010! Argentine Tango Championships with Julio Mariño See video
As a dancer she is masterful in her execution; commanding and passionate, yet elegant and beautiful. Her feet are quick and precise. There is a depth of feeling behind her movements that can be easily seen in the joy that shines through her as she dances.